Several people have asked me to write a post on corporate multi-stall bathroom etiquette (Ok, just one. Yes, it was me). So here we go. Short and sweet. Because sometimes you just gotta laugh. You can thank me later.
1. Thou shalt not over spray the Lysol. Some people have very sensitive noses (Raising and waving my hand as I type).
2. Thou shalt not sing to yourself while in the stall. We all have different tastes in music. Also, introverts occasionally go in there for peace and quiet.
3. Thou shalt not use your cell phone while in the stall. Not everyone wants to know what plans you have with your husband this weekend. Also, see #2, peace and quiet.
4. Thou shalt not carry on a conversation with the person in the stall next to you. Not everyone wants to know what you are having for lunch. Also see #2, peace and quiet.
5. And PLEASE, PLEASE, PULEEEASE, for the love of everything that is decent, don’t take the little sanitary tissue toilet seat cover out of the box, write on it with your ink pen, fold it back nice and neat, and replace it in the box. Yes, it’s true. This happened. I saw it with my own eyes. And I took a picture of it.
Wait…Ellen, you took a picture of a tissue toilet seat cover?
Why yes, yes I did. Because who would believe it? NO ONE!!! That’s who!
6. And, if you ARE going to write on the sanitary tissue toilet seat cover, PLEASE write a scripture or something meaningful. John 3:16, like Tebow. Something to ponder, while we sit. Not just boring 1 2 3.
You know, it’s the whole “old dog, new trick” thing. I was a one woman office with a one woman bathroom for nine years. Moving into the corporate world, with a whole slew of people, lots of bathrooms and lots of stalls, has taught me this: You gotta bear with one another in love.
So, please know that I am writing this with love. And laughter. And with a clothes pin on my nose!
“Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love.” Ephesians 4:2 (NIV)
Grace be with you,
🙂 Sadly, all true! Hee hee!
Oh my gosh, this is hilarious! And I have to agree I get so annoyed when people carry on with their cell phones while in the bathroom. I mean, really?
HAHA! Thanks Barbie! I honestly wrote this just for me – to get it out of my system, amen? But yeah, there are better places for phone convos!
Very funny!!! You are a hoot, my friend! I’m in agreement on every point! 😂😘
I seriously laughed until I cried while I wrote this!!! I simply had to be said! Hee Hee!
Mary Gilbert says
Hi Ellen! I especially agree with the no cell phone use. I mean really!
Hey Mary! I miss seeing you! And the cell phone thing – I know, right!! HAHAHA!